Data governance (also called data intelligence) is not easy. There is a lot of components to it. There is a lot of content. You need a framework and hopefully have tools in place. You need a group of individuals to make it happen. So how do you get started? Well, we have written some blog posts, created some videos and done some webinars on the subject of getting started with data governance and thought we would put all of these resources in one place.
Here are some of the blog posts that we have written on the subject:
- Getting Started with Data Governance
- Start Small with Data Governance
- Better, Inexpensive Way to Establish Data Governance in Higher Education
- Data Governance-related Questions to Answer?
- Data Governance / Data Intelligence Best Practices Recap
Also, we have a few videos in our YouTube Channel regarding getting started including:
- Data Governance - Where You Should Start
- Start with Why in Data Governance
- Managing the Scope of Your Data Governance Initiative
- Glossary and Data System Inventory - Great Places to Start
We have done some webinars on getting started. Here are the recordings for the following:
- Getting Started with Data Governance (approx. 60 minutes in length)
- Assessing Your Data Governance Initiative (approx. 30 minutes in length)
- Defining and Prioritizing the Scope of Your Data Governance Initiative (approx. 30 minutes in length)
- Setting Goals and Creating Your Data Governance/Data Intelligence Roadmap (approx. 60 minutes in length)
As always, we will be adding content resources on a variety of data governance related subjects. Feel free to check out our data governance resources page to access all the resources. Feel free to let us know any other resources that could aid you in your data governance journey.
IData has a solution, the Data Cookbook, that can aid the employees and the organization in its data governance, data intelligence, data stewardship and data quality initiatives. IData also has experts that can assist with data governance, reporting, integration and other technology services on an as needed basis. Feel free to contact us and let us know how we can assist.
Photo Credit:StockSnap_X1T5YTO2MB_dataqualityactions_BP #B1132