A key part of data governance is having an easily accessible knowledge base. Important content of this knowledge base is a data processing catalog which contains information about such items as reports, dashboards, ETLs, integrations, and surveys.
Remember the goal is to help people and having a data processing catalog does this. There is the ability to access this information right from the report itself. In this blog post we will mention educational resources (blog posts, videos and recorded webinars) that are available regarding a data processing catalog (or report catalog).
Here are some of the blog posts that we have written on the subject:
- Expand Your Report Catalog to be a Data Processing Catalog blog post discusses expanding your report catalog into a data processing catalog which includes more than just reports.
- The Many Uses of a Data Processing Catalog blog post covers the many uses of a data processing catalog including inventory, curation, requests, building, and user documentation.
And here are the videos in our YouTube Channel regarding a data processing catalog:
We have done some webinars on this as well and here are the recordings:
- Report and ETL Documentation (Specifications) Best Practices recorded webinar
- Demonstration of the Data Cookbook Features Regarding Report and ETL Documentation (Specifications) recorded webinar
- Documenting and Designing Data Deliverables recorded webinar
- Best Practices on Integrating Your Data Governance Content Within Your Reporting Tools recorded webinar (approx. 30 minutes in length)
- Demonstration of the Data Cookbook Features About Integrating Your Data Governance Content Within Your Reporting Tools recorded webinar (approx. 60 minutes in length)
In the future, we will be adding new content on a variety of data governance related subjects. Feel free to check out our data governance resources page to access all the resources. Let us know any other resources that could aid you in your data governance journey.
IData has a solution, the Data Cookbook, that can aid the employees and the organization in its data governance, data intelligence, data processing catalog, data stewardship and data quality initiatives. IData also has experts that can assist with data governance, reporting, integration and other technology services on an as needed basis. Feel free to contact us and let us know how we can assist.
Photo Credit: StockSnap_030TCBJQ8C_dashboard_dataprocessingcatalog_BP #B1167