For data governance (or as we call it data intelligence) to succeed you need to assess where you are at currently (what's working and what's not) as well as creating a roadmap along with determining the resources you will need in your data governance initiative. You need a clear understanding of the goals. So how is this done? Well, we have written some blog posts, created some videos and done some webinars on the subject of assessments and roadmaps and thought we would put all of these resources in one place.
Here are some of the blog posts that we have written on the subject:
- Purpose of a Data Governance Assessment
- Planning a Route on Your Data Governance Roadmap
- Why a Data Governance / Data Intelligence Roadmap is Important
- What's Included in a Data Governance Assessment
Also, we have a few videos in our YouTube Channel regarding assessments and roadmaps including:
- Purpose of DG Assessments
- Importance of Developing a Data Governance Roadmap
- What's in a Data Governance Roadmap
- Strategies for Creating a Data Governance Roadmap
- What to Avoid in Doing a Data Governance Assessment
And we have done some webinars on the subject as well (here are the recordings):
- Setting Goals and Creating Your Data Governance/Data Intelligence Roadmap
- Assessing Your Data Governance Initiative (30 minutes)
- Defining and Prioritizing the Scope of Your Data Governance Initiative (30 minutes)
Feel free to check out our data governance resources page to access all the resources. Feel free to let us know any other resources that could aid you in your data governance journey.
IData has a solution, the Data Cookbook, that can aid the employees and the organization in its data governance, data intelligence, data stewardship and data quality initiatives. IData also has experts that can assist with data governance, reporting, integration and other technology services on an as needed basis. Feel free to contact us and let us know how we can assist.
Photo Credit:StockSnap_D8RFKPCP0G_fancylibrary_assessmentresources_BP #B1156