We are firm believers that organizations should practice just-in-time data governance (or just-in-time data intelligence) which has an empowered committee to handle policy and vision as well as empowered individuals (data stewards) to handle simple and small day-to-day data governance tasks. This blog post will cover the goals of just-in-time data governance and additional resources for you to access.
The goals of just-in-time data governance include:
- giving people access to the information they need to use data appropriately and effectively when they need it
- supporting direct and immediate involvement of all necessary data stakeholders, where needed in the data processes
- providing data users ways to report problems or request information
- establishing data governance processes that foster collaboration, communication, and sharing
- creating tools (such as workflows) that notify and alert people when there are changes to data that have impact on their work
- focusing on facilitating the use of data not stopping the use by providing guidance
- keeping it simple by not creating complicated processes or unnecessary layers of approvals
If you would like additional information on just-in-time data governance, then please check out these resources:
- Blog Post: Succeed with Just-in-Time Data Governance
- Blog Post: Pragmatic Data Governance with Just-in-Time Data Governance
- Video: Goals of Just-in-Time Data Governance
- Video: What is Just-in-Time Data Governance
- Video: Use Case Examples for Just-in-Time Data Governance
- Video: Just-in-Time Data Governance is Like Advising for Students
- Video: Just-in-Time Data Governance Processes
- Video: Just-in-Time Data Governance Points of Entry
- Recorded Webinar: Data Governance Best Practice: Just-in-time Data Governance
- Recorded Webinar: Just in Time Data Governance
- Recorded Webinar: Just-in-Time Data Governance and Work Flows
Just-in-time data governance is the way to go. Hope that these resources help you and your organization. All our data governance resources (blog posts, videos, recorded webinars, etc.) can be accessed from our data governance resources page.
IData has a solution, the Data Cookbook, that can aid the employees and the organization in its data governance, data stewardship and data quality initiatives. IData also has experts that can assist with data governance, reporting, integration and other technology services on an as needed basis. Feel free to contact us and let us know how we can assist.
Photo Credit StockSnap_T8JB5N55MP_JITDGStopWatch_BP #B1110