There are many reasons for the slow adoption of data governance (or as we call it data intelligence) or not realizing its return on investment (ROI). We have written some blog posts and done some webinars on the subject of adoption and return on investment so this blog post is all of these resources in one place.
Some reasons include:
- lack of cross organization involvement
- lack of leadership or buy-in from leadership
- lack of framework, resources and tools
- lack of alignment with organization goals
- poor communication or management of initiative
- initiative too big at start or too complicated
Here are some of the blog posts that we have written on the subject to help:
- No Successful Data Governance Initiative in the Past? Has Your Organization Changed?
- Making the Case for ROI on Data Governance
- Organizational Buy-in for Data Governance
- Focus on Data Governance Quick Wins to Demonstrate Value and Gain Momentum
- Data to Return on Investment for Organization Success
And we have done some webinars on the subject as well (here are the recordings):
- Why Do Most Data Governance Initiatives Fail (60 minutes)
- Making the Case for ROI on Data Governance (60 minutes)
- Making the Data Governance ROI Case in Times of Budget Cuts (30 minutes)
- Roles in Data Governance - Value, Responsibilities and Adoption (30 minutes)
Feel free to check out our data governance resources page to access all the resources. Feel free to let us know any other resources that could aid you in your data governance journey.
IData has a solution, the Data Cookbook, that can aid the employees and the organization in its data governance, data intelligence, data stewardship and data quality initiatives. IData also has experts that can assist with data governance, reporting, integration and other technology services on an as needed basis. Feel free to contact us and let us know how we can assist.
Photo Credit:StockSnap_CG548Y4RPC_guyreading_roiassessment_BP #B1157