Reporting and Analytics is very related to data governance and data intelligence. If you do not have trust in your data then you will not have trust in your reports and your analytic efforts. The report efforts are very connected with the data governance efforts. Critical reports need to be documented (we call them specifications). Over time we have gathered quite a few resources in various formats regarding reporting and analytics so we thought we would share them to you in a resources blog post. We hope that you take advantage of some or all of these resources if managing or using reports is part of your job function.
Here are some of the blog posts that we have written on the subject:
- How to Improve Institutional Reporting
- Barriers to Effective Reporting
- Successful Reporting is Not a Technology Problem
- Migrating Reports You Have to Analyze the Functional Need
- Data-Enabled Executive: Using Analytics for Student Success and Sustainability
- Pragmatic Data Governance - Best Practices of Successful Reporting
- The Promise of Analytics
- Trends for Shadow Analytics
- Six Data Governance Principles for Reports and Dashboards
And here we have a few videos in our YouTube Channel regarding reporting and analytics including:
We have done some webinars on reporting as well. Here are the recordings for the following:
- Implementing Data Governance with Your Reporting Tools (approx. 60 minutes in length)
- Solving the Hardest Part of Reporting - Adoption (approx. 60 minutes in length)
- Representing Your Reporting Data Model in Data Cookbook (approx. 30 minutes in length)
As always, we will be adding content resources on a variety of data governance related subjects. Feel free to check out our data governance resources page to access all the resources. Let us know any other resources that could aid you in your data governance journey.
IData has a solution, the Data Cookbook, that can aid the employees and the organization in its data governance, data intelligence, data stewardship and data quality initiatives. IData also has experts that can assist with data governance, reporting, integration and other technology services on an as needed basis. Feel free to contact us and let us know how we can assist.
Photo Credit: StockSnap_EB9B6BC1F6_librarybooks_referencedataresources_BP #B1126